Warfighting Lab Incentive Fund
FY18 Project Proposal Solicitation
The Deputy Secretary of Defense (DSD) Warfighting Lab Incentive Fund (WLIF) and Governance Structure Memorandum, signed 6 May 2016, established a WLIF to support the development and refinement of new Service and Joint concepts of operation (CONOPS). Per the memo, this fund will be used to spur field experiments and demonstrations to evaluate, analyze and provide insight into more effective ways of using current capabilities, and to identify new ways to incorporate technologies into future operations and organizations. The project proposals are evaluated using the criteria set forth in the DSD memo.
- Per the DSD Memo, proposals for experimental support may be received from Service Warfighting Labs, CCMDs, Joint Staff, OSD, Defense Agencies, Federally Funded Research and Development Centers, University Affiliated Research and Development Centers and the Defense Industrial Base (DIB).
- All project proposals must identify a warfighting sponsor (CCMD, Service and/or Defense Agency) that will be involved in the project experimentation and/or demonstration activity, CONOPS development, and transition to operational capability.
- If your organization is a member of the DIB, the proposal must be submitted through, and funds will be awarded to, a warfighting sponsor.
- The WLIF only uses O&M appropriations. Your organization must be able to receive and apply O&M funds to accomplish WLIF project objectives.
- All FY18 projects proposal submissions are due NLT 1 May 2017. The selected FY18 project list will be published in mid-July 2017 after which time the project sponsors will collaboratively develop project agreements with the WLIF governance members in anticipation of funds availability in the beginning of the next fiscal year.